When: Tuesday, October 8 and Tuesday, October 15: 6 – 9 p.m. (attendance at both sessions required. Registration Deadline: Friday, October 4)
Where: Minnesota Recovery Connection (2446 University Ave W, Suite 112, St Paul, MN 55114)
What is Telephone Recovery Support?
Minnesota Recovery Connection's Telephone Recovery Support program is a peer-to-peer support program that allows recovering people a way to give back, strengthen their own recovery, and support others who are seeking recovery. Through this program, trained MRC volunteers call individuals seeking recovery who have requested this service to ask how their recovery is progressing and to connect them to the resources they need to achieve and maintain recovery.
Telephone Recovery Support volunteer peers need the following:
- Six months or longer in recovery
- The desire to support others in their recovery
- The willingness to participate in and complete a six-hour training
- A commitment to volunteer at MRC’s offices for a minimum of two 3-hour shifts per month, for at least two months
- No violent or predatory convictions
If you need assistance registering, please contact MRC at 612-584-4158 or email@example.com and request to work with a Recovery Navigator.