Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Chicago Foundation for Education!
What is the CFE Small Grants Observation Program?
CFE recently awarded more than $132,000 through our Small Grants Program to support 268 PreK through 12th Grade educators throughout the Chicago Public School (CPS) district. As part of this program, we recruit volunteers to visit grant-winning classrooms, providing us with a window into the amazing and inspiring work conducted by the CPS teachers we serve.
What is expected from a Small Grant Observer?
As a Small Grant Observer, you will provide encouragement to our grant-winners and help increase CFE's visibility among teachers and administrators. Our volunteers are vital to the success of this program! Some additional details are as follows:
- Visits usually last 30-45 minutes each
- Visits take place between March and June
- Volunteers arrange a time to visit directly with their assigned classroom(s) using contact information provided by CFE
- Observation preferences (location, quantity, etc.) can be noted on our sign-up form below
- IMPORTANT NOTE: All new Observers are required to participate in a brief one-on-one phone call orientation with a CFE staff member prior to their visits