Sustainable Farming Project is pleased to offer Beginning Sustainable Vegetable Production Course tuition scholarships to assist participants of limited financial means who
exhibit excellent potential for success in sustainable farming.
scholarships are made possible by funds donated by the Mary Kostman Fund for Future Farmers.
A limited number of
scholarships will be awarded based on assessed financial need. Scholarships will range from $80 to $400 and
will be applied directly to the cost of the program via a one time Eventbrite discount code. (i.e. if total
program fees are $600; a recipient of a $400 scholarship will owe $200 for
meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Complete the scholarship application
- Submit relevant financial information,
including a most recent tax return statement (or the tax return of anyone
claiming them as a dependent).
- Self-identify with at least one of the
following demographic characteristics:
- Immigrant, refugee, asylee to the US.
- Socially disadvantaged, which the USDA
defines as: a farmer or rancher who has
been subjected to racial or ethnic prejudices because of their identity as a
member of a group without regard to their individual qualities; those groups
include African Americans, American Indians or Alaskan natives, Hispanics, and
Asians or Pacific Islanders.
- Low-income / limited resource.
- Candidates must have proper authorization to work in the U.S.
- Commitment to full participation
in the course, completing all required homework assignments, and
fulfillment of practicum hours.
- Evidence of financial hardship.
- Demonstrated commitment to
ongoing personal and professional learning.
- Demonstrated commitment to and
excellent potential for a successful career in sustainable farming and
The scholarship funds will be applied
directly as a credit to program / course enrollment fees.
There will be no cash allocation or
The scholarship will be forfeited if:
recipient fails to complete any required components of the program.
recipient cancels their enrollment in the program.