Who are the
With support from the
Richmond City Health District, the Sports Backers’ Fitness Warriors program
offers free training to area residents who have talent, passion, and potential
to be fitness instructors for Richmond and tri-cities communities with
the lowest rates of physical activity and the highest rates of chronic
As a Fitness Warrior Recruit you will:
- Be committed to the schedule, committed to your fellow
recruits and committed to your community.
- Be a part of community outreach and serve as a leader in
- Be assigned a Warrior Captain, who will mentor you
throughout your duration as a Warrior Recruit
- Lead FREE classes for individuals of ALL fitness levels!
- Be consistent and never quit, even when this journey gets
We will hold
mandatory training days for all Warrior Recruits on the following dates:
- July 13, 2019 Phase I Training (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- July 27, 2019 Phase I Training (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- August 10, 2019 Phase I Training (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- August 24, 2019 CPR Training (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- September 7, 2019 Phase I Training (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- September 21, 2019 Teachbacks (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- October 12, 2019 Phase II Training (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- November 9, 2019 Phase II Training (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- December 7, 2019 Full Fam Training/Crystal Ceremony (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
This application will serve as a tool for us to begin to
assess your talent, your potential and your passion to lead classes in the
community. We will also assess your willingness and ability to commit to the
Fitness Warriors program and the community at large.
Are you ready to take the next step? Click below to begin
the application, which will take approximately 20-30 minutes to complete.