Who are the Fitness Warriors?
The Sports Backers' Fitness Warriors program offers free training to area residents who have talent, passion, and potential to be fitness instructors for Richmond and tri-cities communities with the lowest rates of physical activity and the highest rates of chronic disease.
As a Fitness Warrior Recruit you will:
- Be committed to the schedule, committed to your fellow recruits and committed to your community.
- Be a part of community outreach and serve as a leader in your community.
- Be assigned a Warrior Captain, who will mentor you launch your first fitness class in the community.
- Lead FREE classes for individuals of ALL fitness levels!
- Be consistent and never quit, even when this journey gets tough!
We will hold mandatory training days for all Warrior Recruits on the following dates:
- April 18, 2020 Phase I Training (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- May 9, 2020 Phase I Training (10 a.m. to 4p.m.)
- May 30, 2020 Phase I Training (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- June 20, 2020 Phase I Training (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- July 11, 2020 Teachbacks (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- September 26, 2020 Full Fam Training/Crystal Ceremony (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
This application will serve as a tool for us to begin to assess your talent, your potential and your passion to lead classes in the community. We will also asses your willingness to commit to the Fitness Warriors program and the community at large.
Are you ready to take the next step? Click below to begin the application, which will take approximately 20-30 minutes to complete.