Thank you for your interest in the Greater Minds Re-engagement Microgrant.
At this time, the funding for this grant opportunity has been fully utilized. If you would like to be contacted if/when additional funds become available, please submit your information below.
As a reminder, the Greater Minds Re-engagement MicroGrant is provided by a
partnership with Greater Spokane Inc. and the Washington Student Achievement
Council (WSAC) to assist returning students in resolving pre-registration
financial hurdles by providing small dollar microgrants.
- Former students with some college and no credential
earned with a previous fee that are wanting to re-enroll
- Has not been enrolled in a higher education institution within the last year
- Otherwise exhibits readiness to enroll in a higher education institution in the Spokane region
- Students are eligible for one Microgrant payment up to
$1,000 to institutions participating in Washington state financial aid
- Previous fees that are a result of financial aid overpayments/repayments or defaults are ineligible
- Expenses that are not educational related are ineligible
Types of Fees
Eligible fees include funds owed to a previous
Washington state institution or necessary to enroll in the receiving Washington state institution. Examples
(not exhaustive) are included below.
|Financial Aid Overpayments/repayments (federal or state)
fees and interest in excess of original principal