If you are aged 16 or 17 then you will need signed permission from your parent or guardian before you can take the test.
1. Please make sure that you have registered your personal details online at www.pearsonvue.com/pte.
Once you clicked on the link above, you will be taken to the registration pages.
Next, click “Create an account” and fill out your personal details, making sure your name is written in exactly the same way as it appears on your Photo ID (please note that the passport is the only acceptable form of ID in most countries).
After registering, login details will be sent to the registered email address. Your login details will be sent to the email address with which you registered.
2. Log in to the account and make a note of your PTE ID which can be found on the “Current Activity” page.
- This consent form is valid for a period of 12 months.
- In some cases, if your personal details are similar to somebody else's it may take a little longer to send you your login details, as we will need to make sure that you haven't already registered. Sometimes this can take up to 48 hours.
- Once you have logged in you will find your PTE ID at the top of the 'Current Activity' page.
Make sure that your name is written in exactly the same way as you registered it online. Make sure your PTE ID is included on the form.
Once the form is completed and signed by your parent or guardian, please attach it to this online form.
4. Once you entered all the required information below and attached the completed and signed Parental Consent Form by your parent or guardian, then you will be able to submit this form.
5. After submission, you will be sent an email in 3-5 working days with a case number which indicates that your parent or guardian has provided permission for you to take the test.
Make sure that you quote your case number as without it you will not be able to book a test.
In case you have not received your email in 5 working days, please check your spam folder.
6. To book your test you will then need to call customer service. Please be ready to provide your case number and PTE ID over the phone. Customer service contact details can be found here