· Anyone can nominate a pre-K-12 teacher in a public, charter, private, or religious school in the New York City metropolitan area is welcome to apply.
· At least three years of experience is preferred.
· If you are a Fellow of The Academy for Teachers (i.e., have attended a master class previously), you can nominate yourself.
Tips for writing a successful nomination:
· Nominations are scored on three criteria: passion for the subject, creativity in the classroom, and devotion to students.
· The more detail you give, the better. Provide specific examples that show why this teacher should be selected for this particular class.