As MCC moves into its second season managing our programs during a pandemic, it is important to articulate the norms that we expect our staff, AmeriCorps members and youth participants to operate within, as we in good faith, attempt to keep our organization healthy and resilient. MCC takes the threat of COVID-19 seriously and we are committed to mitigating the risks that could lead to exposure or transmission of the virus within our staff, on our crews, and in the communities we serve. To this end, we have developed COVID- 19 field operations protocols to inform, guide, and manage our programs while at work with MCC.
MCC also has expectations for youth participant behavior related to traveling to our programs and for days off while working with MCC. MCC cannot mandate participants to behave in a certain way on their days off. However, we aim to provide guidance and to clarify expectations for behavior that if not followed, could result in participants being asked not to come into an office setting, or not to go out in the field. MCC expects that participants, to the greatest extent possible, follow these guidelines.
The following guidelines have been designed to promote the healthiest possible environment in which to run our programs. Maintaining a COVID-19 free environment is critical for MCC staff, members, and participants to be successful during the season.
By signing the MCC Community Well-Being Agreement, you are also affirming your commitment to follow the procedures outlined below from 14 days before your program begins until the completion of your term of service.
1) Due to the nationwide COVID-19 outbreak, I understand I am agreeing to participate in the following activities and precautionary measures in the 14-days prior to my program orientation or start of training:
• Share, fully and transparently, any health history information requested by the organization.
• Monitor myself for any signs of symptoms of illness.
• Communicate in a timely way with program staff if any symptoms arise.
• Limit my indoor contact with people to those I live with or who are part of my immediate family/crew “bubble”. If contact is required with any person outside of my “bubble”, I agree to wear a mask. At the first opportunity, after such encounters, I will wash my hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and hot water.
2) To better protect myself and others from the virus, I understand I am also agreeing to participate in the following activities and precautionary measures during my expedition, including on my off days (for 4-week participants).
• Engage in daily health assessments, including taking of temperatures when asked, and sharing information about personal symptoms and general wellness.
• Follow MCC COVID-19 field operations protocols while working.
• Proactively and transparently share any health-related symptoms that I become aware of.
• Frequently wash my hands (at least 20 seconds in duration).
• Wear a mask (without holes or valves) in public areas, where social distancing may not be possible, or as otherwise required.
• Not share personal items such as water bottles, dishes, chapstick, etc. with others.
• Engage in appropriate social distancing, particularly with members of the public.
3) In the event of an outbreak or potential outbreak of COVID-19, I agree to:
• Heed the recommendations of field-staff and health-care professionals about how and when to seek medical care.
• Abide by MCC’s isolation protocols put in place by the organization.
• Provide consent and contact information in case contact tracing is necessary.