Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank (Food Bank) is a non-profit organization with a mission to feed people in need and mobilize our community to eliminate hunger. We are a proud member of Feeding America. The Food Bank is fortunate to have the support of volunteers from our community. By signing below, you (the volunteer or the volunteer’s legal guardian) agree to the following:
1. Safety Rules and Expectations:
Listen to and follow all directions as given from any Food Bank staff member
Arrive on time and ready to work for your full shift.
No cell phone or earbud usage is allowed while volunteering.
Closed-toed shoes are REQUIRED for your safety while volunteering.
An adult must accompany any volunteers under 18 years old.
2. Release and Assumption of Risk: I hereby release and agree to hold harmless the Food Bank or its employees, interns, officers, representatives, board of directors, or any fellow volunteers from any claims, risks or liability arising out of any accidents, injuries or death to myself, my child or to any other person for whom I am lawful guardian that may result from any volunteer activities sponsored by, arranged or participated in by the Food Bank, unless caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of the Food Bank, its agents, servants, or employees or otherwise. These risks may include, but are not limited to, working around vehicles or other machinery, lifting objects and performing repetitive tasks
3. Medical Care Consent and Waiver: I authorize the Food Bank to provide to me first aid and, through medical personnel of its choice, medical assistance, transportation, and emergency medical services. This consent does not impose a duty upon the Food Bank to provide such assistance, transportation, or services.
In addition, I waive and release any claims against the Food Bank and associated parties arising out of any first aid, treatment, or medical service, including the lack or timing of such, made in connection with my volunteer activities with the Food Bank unless caused or contributed to by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of the Food Bank, its agents, servants, or employees, or otherwise.
4. Doorstep Delivery Program: For those volunteers participating in the Doorstep Delivery Program (i.e. home delivery of food boxes), or other similar delivery programs where a volunteer’s personal vehicle is to be used the following additional certifications and or waivers apply.
I agree to submit my application to the State of Pennsylvania for an Act 33 and 34 background clearance and will provide the Food Bank with the written report once I receive it from the State. Furthermore, I agree to permit the Food Bank to request a Motor Vehicle Report (“MVR”) through the State of Pennsylvania and that a satisfactory report must be received in order to participate in this program.
I certify that I have a valid driver’s license and that I am over 18 years of age. I carry a liability insurance policy on the vehicle used in the volunteer activity and that policy provides a minimum coverage of $100,000 per person and $300,000 per occurrence and $25,000 in property damage coverage. I understand and agree that the Food Bank is not responsible for any injury or property damage arising to me or others out of the operation of my vehicle to perform such volunteer activity, nor is the Food Bank responsible for paying for any premium or deductible under such policy.
5. Confidentiality: As a volunteer, I may have access to sensitive or confidential information. This information includes, but is not limited to, identity, address, contact information, credit card numbers, and financial information of Food Bank clients, volunteers, donors, and staff. At all times during and after my participation, I agree to hold in confidence and not disclose or use any such confidential information.
6. Volunteer Not an Employee: I understand that (i) I am not an employee of the Food Bank, (ii) I will not be paid for my participation and (iii) I am not covered by or eligible for any insurance, health care, worker’s compensation or other benefits. I may choose at any time not to participate in an activity, or to stop my participation entirely, with the Food Bank.
7. Confirmation of Terms: By signing below, I have read the above waiver and release and fully understand its contents. I voluntarily agree to the terms and conditions stated above.