California Service Dog Academy offers the following types of dogs:
1. Service Dog - CSDA Bred: Dogs that are bred in our programs go through a litany of checks and tests to ensure they will have a long a successful career as a service dog for their human companions. CSDA Bred Dogs meet our highest standards and come from linages that we carefully select for temperament and health. As with all ADA compliant service dogs, these dogs are trained to perform tasks for a person with a disability.
* These dogs ARE granted full public access under ADA
* These dogs typically have 500 or more hours of training
* These dogs have a full cost of $20,000 or more without grants, sponsorships, or other aide.
Examples of Service Dogs include the following types; Alert Dogs (Allergy, Medical, Diabetic, etc...), Autism Assistance Dogs, Mobility Support Dogs, Psychiatric Support Dogs (PTSD, Anxiety, Depression, etc... )
2.Emotional Support Dog (ESD) / Skilled Companion Dog: A skilled companion dog is trained in basic obedience skills and some custom tasks to assist a client with a disability. However, emotional support dogs do not have the proper training to be deemed by our organization to be a service dog and would not be recognized under ADA.
* These dogs are NOT granted full public access under ADA but some state laws may grant access
* These dogs typically have less than 500 hours
* These dogs have a full cost between $5,000 - $10,000 without grants, sponsorships, or other aide.