The following application is several pages long and will take some time to complete. If you need to stop part way through, you can click the box above to save your progress and resume later. It will ask you to enter an email address and password to save your work. You can then use that information to log back in and continue to work on the application later.
You will need to upload the following documents. Please make sure you have all of these before submitting the application.
- copy of the photo page of your passport
- proof of sufficient savings in your bank account
- a document that shows you have at least 2 years of full time teaching experience
- your teaching license or certification from your home country
- your resume or CV in English
- contact information of a supervisor and colleague who can complete a reference for you OR a signed reference letter from them
- TOFEL or IELTS score report OR the results from this English proficiency test https://www.efset.org/ef-set-50/take-test/
- An official "course by course" foreign credentials evaluation report, which translates your non-US coursework into US equivalents is required. Transcripts must be evaluated and verified (authenticated). There are two companies that we recommend: WES or SpanTran but will accept any other NACES member evaluator.
- we recommend that any teachers with a degree from a university in Africa use WES as in our experience they are better at evaluating the structure of programs from African universities.
- A copy of your college diploma
All of these documents are REQUIRED to submit the application. Applicants with a thoroughly completed application will be given the highest priority and an incomplete application will result in delays. We are a small sponsor that brings in a limited number of teachers per year. We prioritize teacher placements to schools in the Midwest (primarily Indiana). If these requirements feel too hard to you, please seek out another sponsor by going to: https://j1visa.state.gov/