This is the Star Island Corporation's Shared Financial Grant application form.
Thank you for inquiring about financial grants to attend a Star Island conference this summer.
Complete information about the Star Island Financial Grant Program is available at StarIsland.org/conferences/financial-aid.
That page includes a link to the Star Island Financial Grant Committee policy.
APPLICATION DEADLINES can be found on the Star Island Financial Grants webpage: StarIsland.org/conferences/financial-aid
Here is some information about Star Island Corporation and program/conference grants:
- The Star Island Corporation's Financial Grants Committee makes grants available to attend any conference/program at Star Island during the 2020 season. It awards specific dollar amounts based on applications made using the form below.
- Most conferences/programs ALSO have a financial grants program. When you choose your conference/program on the form, it will tell you
whether your conference/program has a financial
- SOME of conferences/programs with financial grants programs use this application to make their financial grants. SOME do not. When you choose your conference/program on the form, it will tell you whether your conference/program uses this form.
- If your conference/program DOES use this application, you will have the option to submit this information to both the conference/program AND to the Star Island Corporation grants program. This increases your chances of getting a bigger award. Although conference/program financial grants committees are very discreet, we understand that you may not wish for anyone in your conference to know about your application. In that case, choose to NOT have your application submitted to your conference.
- If your conference/program DOES NOT use this application, you will see contact information and a link you can use to apply directly to the conference if you choose to do that.
- If the program/conference you want to attend has its own own grant application, you
may apply to both your program/conference grant program and the Corporation grant program, and you may accept ONE of the offers -- whichever
offer suits your circumstances better.
- In addition to the financial grants discussed, here, if eligible you may receive one of the Star Island discount programs. See
the StarIsland.org "Discounts" web page for more
- Please note grants are always partial. We cannot cover the full room and board costs for anyone.
- Your grant will appear as a credit on your hotel bill when you check out.
- Grants are based on the “Standard-Shared Occupancy" room rate. If you need a single room or motel unit, your
bill will reflect the actual charges for the room you occupy. The calculations on this form are based on the "Standard-Shared Occupancy" rate.
- The amount of financial grants will depend on the number of applications received.
- You must have already registered for a program/conference in order to apply for financial grants.
- On this form, include all the people for whom you are responsible for paying the bill. Typically these would
be members of a family, but if your circumstances are different, please follow this guideline: if you're writing the
check / using your credit card / paying cash for someone, please include them on this form. Conversely, if
you do not expect to be responsible for your own bill, please ask the person who will be
responsible to fill out the form.
- Grant calculations do not include or take into account parking or travel to and from Portsmouth. You should take that into account when you tell us how much you can contribute towards your bill. For example, what if two different applicants each have $1,000 to spend on their program/conference at Star? The first has $400 in travel expenses, the second has $200 in travel expenses. The first should say that he can contribute $600 towards his bill when he fills out the form ($1,000 less his $400 travel). The second should say that she can contribute $800 towards her bill when she fills out the form ($1,000 less her $200 travel). Just to be clear: this assumes these people will be on different conference center bills. If they're on the same bill, then they should submit only one application, indicating that they can contribute $1,400 towards their combined program/conference bill ($1,000 each minus $400 for person one's travel and minus $200 for person two's travel).
All information will be kept in
confidence by the Star Island Financial Grant Committee and/or Conference Scholarship Committee.
APPLICATION DEADLINES can be found on the Star Island Financial Grants webpage:
If you have questions about the financial grant program, please contact the grant committee at email@example.com
If you have trouble filling out this form, please send us an e-mail at SICFinAidFormHelp@gmail.com and a techie will get in touch with you.