Goals for Education, presented by Wells Fargo and the San Jose Earthquakes, powered by Silicon Valley Education Foundation, offers up to 20 scholarships of $1,500 to students who demonstrate a commitment to physical health, financial literacy, and STEM education.
During the 2019 season, we awarded a total of $25,500 to 17 grantees.
- Application Opens: March 1, 2020
- Application Closes: May 8, 2020 at midnight
- Awardees Announced: June 1, 2020
- Award Presentation: Earthquakes home game on June 20, 2020
- Must be a 2020 graduated or graduating high school senior from a Santa Clara County Public School, currently living in Santa Clara County, California.
- Must be enrolled in a 2-year or 4-year year college or university for the 2020 Fall semester.
- Scholarships may be used for tuition, books, supplies, or other academic related expenses as seen fit by Silicon Valley Education Foundation.
Employees of Wells Fargo, the San Jose Earthquakes, Silicon Valley Education Foundation and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.