Thank you for your interest in Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity’s home repair program. This application is to determine your household's eligibility for the A Brush with Kindness program.
Repairs are affordable! We offer two financial partnership options: a 2-year repayment plan, or a 10-year forgivable mortgage. Terms and Conditions apply, view the eligibility criteria on our website for details.
If you submit an eligible application, repairs will be scheduled within one year of your application. You will be asked to provide income statements and employment verification of all sources of income in the household
(for adults over 18 years of age).
Please have the following documents at the ready as JPEG, PNG, or PDF file types on your device to upload into the application as you go.
- Color photo identification (driver's license, state ID, or passport) for each adult age 18 and over
- Last 4 months of income statements (8 if bi-weekly, 4 if monthly, etc.) for each adult age 18 and over
Questions? For more information about acceptable forms of income documentation, visit our application help web page.
A Brush with Kindness does not accept incomplete applications, or applications without supporting documentation.
- Current home insurance declaration pages
- Proof of ownership (ex. Property tax statement, if a mobile home applies the Mobile Home Title is required)
- Photos (JPEG or PNG file types) of the areas in need of repairs including: 4 photos of the exterior of the house, 1-2 photos of the garage, and 1-5 photos of any other repair request(s).
- *If a city citation or home insurance notification apply to your situation, submit the letter(s)
- *If a member of your household is a Veteran, submit the DD-214 discharge form
Tip: Do not submit screenshots. Image quality is too poor, and documents must be legible. Instead, set up the document to "print" and select "save as PDF" instead of selecting a printer. Submit the PDF version instead.
Tip: If you do not have a printer and/or scanner available, you can complete forms using online tools such as, "DocHub
- PDF Sign & Edit", or your preferred PDF form fill and sign app.
After you submit a completed application, Habitat will contact you within 6-8 weeks to let you know if you may qualify and are selected for an interview. Please review our eligibility criteria before submitting your application.
Applications are due by no later than 4:00 PM on July 30, 2020. Space is limited, apply now!
*Please note that capacity and delays related to our response to COVID-19 will affect our ability to serve the next round of applicants for 2021. Completed applications will be considered first come, first served until July 30, 2020 OR until our resources have been committed - whichever occurs first. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The deadline to apply may change. Keep your eye on the website for the latest updates.