(Name of the Student) hereby apply for membership in the FUTURO Program of the Latin American Legal Defense and Education Fund (LALDEF). By applying for membership, I agree to abide by the membership requirements stated below. As a member of FUTURO, I will always act responsibly and honorably, so as to set an example to my peers and my community. I commit to
- Attend weekly study sessions and Saturday's workshops or excursions.
- Attend the summer immersion programs.
- Attend the visits with FUTURO program to college open houses and college fairs each year.
- To keep an average GPA of 3.0 and make a strong effort to develop my skills and talents.
- Perform at least 20 hours of volunteer community service each year, not only for my own advancement as an individual, but also for the benefit of my family, peers and for my community.
- To attend 90% of all scheduled meetings and events.
- To represent the FUTURO program in a positive manner at all times.
- Code of conduct.
I acknowledge that LALDEF may cancel or reschedule any event, program, or service for any reason, including "at will" cancelations or rescheduling.
I hereby release LALDEF, its Board of Trustees, Board of Advisors, its staff and volunteers, or any of its affiliates, partners or sponsors, from any liability for any illness, accident or injury incurred during any of our events. I also acknowledge that the aforementioned have made no representations or issued any guarantees to me about future admission, enrollment, financial aid or academic outcomes that I may obtain as a result of my involvement in this program.
I hereby grant permission for any program coordinator, facilitator, tutor or mentor assigned by the FUTURO program, and or any school districts representative to contact me in relation to the FUTURO mentoring program activities and allow my school
to release a transcript for my coursework and grades from my high school to LALDEF. I also gran permission for the use of a publication of my photograph, voice, and/or image in the promotion or advertisement of the program, and I release LALDEF of any responsibility of liability.