Thank you for your interest in volunteering with JIAS.
Volunteers have an important role in welcoming, supporting, and integrating new immigrants to Canada. If you are interested in supporting and connecting with newcomers to Canada in a meaningful way through volunteering with JIAS Toronto, please complete the following volunteer application.
Privacy and respect of your personal information has and will continue to be an important part of the policies and practices of JIAS (Jewish Immigrant Aid Services) Toronto. We will only collect personal information that is necessary to match you with a client, a volunteer opportunity, and our program evaluation. We will only use and/or share the information with your consent. The Executive Director acts as the Chief Privacy Officer in the JIAS (Jewish Immigrant Aid Services) Toronto office. The following outlines how we will use, disclose and store the personal information we collect from you:
• To establish and maintain contact with you;
• To match you with a client or other volunteer opportunity;
• To enable us to contact you for participation in JIAS Toronto sponsored or co-sponsored events and/or trainings, including holiday celebrations, fundraising activities and/or special projects;
• For teaching, statistics and promotional purposes (on an anonymous basis);
• To comply with service agreements entered into with government funding sources;
• To evaluate the effectiveness of JIAS’ programs.
Waiver for Volunteer Drivers
At JIAS Toronto, we want to make sure that our volunteers are happy and that they find their experience of volunteering with JIAS Toronto rewarding and fulfilling. The purpose of this survey is to learn about your goals. In a few months’ time, you will be given a follow-up survey to fill out, so that we can measure your experience and ultimately improve our volunteer program for all volunteers!