Welcome to CHN Housing Partners Online Application for Rental Assistance
How does it work?
This lifeline, funded by the City of Cleveland and Cuyahoga County, is for residents who are facing financial hardships due to COVID-19 and need help paying rent. Income restrictions apply.
Income Limits (vary by program)
CHN is the entry point to access rental assistance, a broad array of housing, utility assistance, and referral resources, which you will be screened for. You will be under no obligation to participate in any programs we recommend.
Fill out the online application in its entirety and gather a few documents:
1. Photo identification for each household member over 18 years of age
2. Proof of citizenship (birth certificate, Social Security card, naturalization certificate or passport) for all household members
3. Lease (which can be obtained from the landlord if not available to tenant)
For your convenience, CHN Housing Partners allows the use of e-signatures with this online form. You will be prompted to enter your name at the end of this form prior to submitting to give consent. If you have questions or need further assistance, please call our hotline at 833-377-RENT.
Residents of the City of Cleveland and Cuyahoga County who are having difficulty making rental payments due to the economic impact of the pandemic and who meet income eligibility requirements. Priority is given based on criteria such as eviction status, accurate information and complete documentation. If you qualify for rental assistance, you may be required to attend more in-depth financial counseling, provided by CHN, as a condition for payment of the rental assistance.
Note: We can provide up to 3 months of rental assistance, paid directly to your landlord. If you need help after 3 months, we will connect you with our partner EDEN, Inc. who can provide longer term financial help.
Online Application Guidelines
To apply for programs with CHN Housing Partners, you must complete an application with us along with providing documents to verify the information submitted. Each participant in this program is required by the Department of Housing and Urban Development and the City of Cleveland, Department of Community Development to provide their annual income level to establish eligibility for this federally-funded program, and to verify race/ethnicity for data collection purposes only. We have split this into the following sections:
1. Application information: Your contact and demographic information
2. Household members: Other members of your household and their demographic information
3. Income sources: All sources of income and public benefits for all household members over 18
4. Assets: All liquid assets for all household members over 18
5. Housing & utility details: Details about your rent/mortgage and utilities for program-specific purposes and to help us assess what program(s) you may need
6. Document upload: We will request scanned copies, legible photos or screenshots of documents as verification for your eligibility for programs.
You may encounter a slow
system or downtime due to a high volume of traffic on the site. Please use the
"Save my progress and resume later" feature located at the top of the form OFTEN to avoid losing any
information. (This form is powered by FormAssembly.)
Fair Housing Act (42 USC 3600, et seq.)
If you have an impairment, disability, language barrier, or otherwise require an alternative means of completing this form or accessing information about our services, please talk to us about arranging alternative accommodations. We serve all clients regardless of income, race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, family status, disability, or sexual orientation/gender identity. We administer our programs in conformity with local, state, and federal anti-discrimination laws, including the federal Fair Housing Act (42 USC 3600, et seq.)
Click Next Page to Continue