The Birmingham Promise Apprenticeship Program aims to help students develop high-demand skills through paid work experience in four industries: finance and insurance, healthcare and life sciences, energy and engineering, and digital technology. The goal of the program is to develop pathways to quality jobs through hands-on learning in the workplace.
Students applying for the Birmingham Promise Apprenticeship Program must be in their senior year at a Birmingham City High School and meet the following additional criteria:
- Birmingham City Schools High School Senior
- 2.0 Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Students must also be verified by Birmingham City Schools to meet scheduling and behavior-related criteria.
- Completed Promise Apprenticeship Application Packet
- Student Profile
- Current Resume
- Two Recommendation Forms
- Essay with a minimum of 250 words and no more than 500.
application packets will be accepted for consideration. If you have questions about the information required for the Birmingham Promise Apprenticeship Program, contact Birmingham Promise at (205) 251-5131 ext. 5655 or email firstname.lastname@example.org