Welcome to the 2020-2021 LEDA Scholars Application!
LEDA is searching the
nation for the next Cohort of 100 exceptional students to become LEDA Scholars.
We’re excited that you have chosen to apply and are here to support you
through the application process.
The Application Process:
The application process consists of three rounds. The deadline for this round is December 14th at 11:59 PM PST. After each round, an applicant’s submitted
material will be evaluated by LEDA staff and a decision will be made as to
whether or not the applicant will advance to the next round. Applicants must
successfully complete each round (Part I, Part II, and an interview) to be
admitted to the LEDA Scholars Program. LEDA’s review process is holistic, which means that all parts of an
application will be considered before making a decision.
Who Should Apply:
1. Junior attending public high school in the U.S. graduating in 2022
2. U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or have been granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status
3. Annual household income under $90,000
4. Minimum unweighted cumulative GPA of 3.5
Successful Applicants Demonstrate:
1. A desire to be challenged academically
2. A strong commitment to their studies
3. A desire to be a leader in their families, schools, and communities
4. LEDA's core values of Excellence, Integrity, Compassion, and Community
LEDA Application Sections:
High School Information
Academic Information Request
Teacher Recommendation Request
Writing Sample Upload
Saving your Application:
1. Select the save and return later link (located at the top right and bottom right of the page).
2. Enter your email address and create a password. Make sure to enter your email address correctly. You will only be able to access your account with the exact email address and password you create. If you do not enter your email address correctly you will not be able to log back into your account.
3. You will receive an email with a link to resume your application. Do not create a new application if you do not receive an email. Contact email@example.com and we will help you gain access to your account.
4. Follow the link provided in your email and enter the email and password you provided when saving your application.
September 9th: 2020-21 LEDA Application is open
December 14th: Final deadline at 11:59 PM PST
December-April: Applications are reviewed by the recruitment and admissions team
Early March: All Part I applicants are notified
End of March/Early April: All Part II applicants are notified and finalists are invited to participate in a virtual interview
Mid April: All remaining applicants are notified and 100 LEDA Scholars are admitted to the program
For questions about the LEDA Scholars program, application, or application process please use this form to submit a help request: Click here to submit a help request
Follow LEDA on Social Media!