BestPrep’s Expectations of Educators
Once BestPrep receives your submission, staff will begin working on your request(s) about four weeks from the preferred date. Please read the following information. BestPrep expects the following when working with educators to ensure a smooth experience for all parties.
KEEP AVOID DATES AND REQUESTS CURRENT
The request(s) submitted today, with dates in the future, may end up needing to be changed due to school closings, state testing, or various other reasons.
· BestPrep staff will communicate with you prior to starting work on your request(s). Please respond to messages within 48 hours and let them know of any changes.
- If the preferred dates you submitted today end up not working, please inform BestPrep staff as they are continually working on requests up to a week prior to the preferred date(s).
- If volunteer(s) is already scheduled and the educator needs to change the date, it is up to the educator to reschedule with the volunteer a new date, and then inform BestPrep.
- If the number of students in your class will be significantly different than the number on your original request, please inform BestPrep staff so that volunteers will know how many students to prepare for.
COMMUNICATE WITH VOLUNTEERS PRIOR TO ENGAGEMENTS
Communication between educators and volunteers is a vital part of making the Classroom Plus/Financial Matters experience run smoothly for all parties. Please communicate with the volunteer one week prior to the engagement telling them:
- about the student audience
- specifics you would like the volunteer to cover
- parking and check-in information
- how the volunteer might like to be introduced.
BE PRESENT AND PREPARED DAY-OF ENGAGEMENT
Educators should inform students of the volunteers’ visit in advance so that they may come mentally and physically prepared. The educator must be present in the classroom during the entire engagement to ensure students’ positive behavior, as well as have the ability to handle any issues that may arise. It is the educator’s responsibility to:
- Designate a student (or yourself) to greet volunteer when they arrive
- Introduce volunteer to the class at the beginning of the engagement
- Have the PowerPoint up and ready for presenter (if applicable)
- Print any necessary handouts for all students (if applicable)
CONTACT BESTPREP TO SCHEDULE THE VOLUNTEER AGAIN
Volunteers are asked multiple times per year to present in the classroom. If you would like to schedule them again, it is imperative that you contact BestPrep to do so, and do not reach out to the volunteer directly. Doing so could cause confusion and over-asking of our volunteers’ time.
COMPLETE SURVEY AFTER EACH ENGAGEMENT
Please complete a survey, for every engagement. We use this in determining whether or not to send a volunteer back into your classroom, as well as when assigning that volunteer to other classrooms. Survey link will arrive in a follow up email after the engagement.