BestPrep’s Expectations of Educators
BestPrep receives your submission, staff will begin working on your request(s)
about four weeks from the preferred date. Please
read the following information. BestPrep expects the following when working
with educators to ensure a smooth experience for all parties.
KEEP AVOID DATES AND REQUESTS CURRENT
The request(s) submitted today, with dates in
the future, may end up needing to be changed due to school closings, state
testing, or various other reasons.
BestPrep staff will communicate with you prior
to starting work on your request(s). Please respond to messages within 48 hours
and let them know of any changes.
- If the preferred dates you submitted today
end up not working, please inform BestPrep staff as they are continually
working on requests up to a week prior to the preferred date(s).
- If volunteer(s) is already scheduled and
the educator needs to change the date, it is up to the educator to reschedule
with the volunteer a new date, and then inform BestPrep.
- If the number of students in your class will be significantly different than the number on your original request, please inform BestPrep staff so that volunteers will know how many students to prepare for.
COMMUNICATE WITH VOLUNTEERS PRIOR TO ENGAGEMENTS
Communication between educators and volunteers
is a vital part of making the Classroom Plus/Financial Matters experience run
smoothly for all parties. Please communicate with the volunteer one week prior
to the engagement telling them:
- about the student audience
- specifics you would like the volunteer to
- parking and check-in information
- how the volunteer might like to be
BE PRESENT AND PREPARED DAY-OF ENGAGEMENT
Educators should inform students of the
volunteers’ visit in advance so that they may come mentally and physically prepared.
The educator must be present in the classroom during the entire engagement to ensure students’ positive behavior, as well as
have the ability to handle any issues that may arise. It is the educator’s responsibility to:
- Designate a student (or yourself) to greet
volunteer when they arrive
- Introduce volunteer to the class at the
beginning of the engagement
- Have the PowerPoint up and ready for
presenter (if applicable)
- Print any necessary handouts for all
students (if applicable)
CONTACT BESTPREP TO SCHEDULE THE VOLUNTEER AGAIN
Volunteers are asked multiple times per year to
present in the classroom. If you would like to schedule them again, it is
imperative that you contact BestPrep to do so, and do not reach out to
the volunteer directly. Doing so could cause confusion and over-asking of our
COMPLETE SURVEY AFTER EACH ENGAGEMENT
Please complete a survey, for every engagement. We use this in
determining whether or not to send a volunteer back into your classroom, as well
as when assigning that volunteer to other classrooms. Survey link will arrive in
a follow up email after the engagement.