Thanks to dedicated community members like you, OMSI has been able to stay focused on our mission and develop new programs, reach and inspire learners across the region, and provide critical support for schools and teachers during this challenging time.
We'd like to take this space and share some of the truly remarkably highlights made possible through donor support over the past year.
- 600 children from families of essential workers attended OMSI's emergency childcare program, which provided 11 hours of daily care and schoolwork assistance at the start of the pandemic.
- OMSI Science at Home and Virtual Programming brought OMSI digital content to students across our region, providing new topics each week with curated science resources, video demos, hands-on DIY activities, in addition to virtual classroom programs, assemblies, and teacher resources.
- 2,465 students attended 247 classes during our Summer 2020 program. With new protocols in place, OMSI provided a safe and fun summer experience for students, and a break for parents. We look forward to building from the lessons of last year with the quickly approaching Summer 2021 classes, which are already at 95% enrollment.
- 642 OMSI Homeroom seats were filled with local students during the 2020-2021 school year. Homeroom students were able to experience a full day of learning support, supplemental OMSI education, and socialization with peers outside of the home. Over 70% of those students received financial aid and attended for free or a greatly reduced cost.
- $380,256 in financial aid funds raised to support students and families over the past year thanks to donor support.
We are grateful that we could be in a position to assist our community over the past year, and none of this important work would be possible without outstanding community support. Looking ahead, we will continue to innovate and evolve to provide welcoming, accessible, and fun virtual and in-person science learning experiences for all Oregonians. As restrictions ease, we look forward to seeing you back at in-person programming and events at OMSI!
If you have any questions about OMSI programming, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help you.