Thank you for applying to the inaugural Focus on Fundraising: Building Power for Executive Leaders of Color Program for BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, Persons of Color) Executive Directors. We are thrilled to be launching our 1st year of this program under our umbrella initiative, Preparing the Next Generation, with the support of the New York Community Trust, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., Altman Foundation, the William Casper Graustein Memorial Fund and Kramer Levin, among others.
This program arose from our “Money, Power and Race: The Lived Experience of Fundraisers of Color” report (2018), which reflects participants’ experience that while diversity matters in the nonprofit sector, people of color need to be skilled not only with fundraising acumen, but also have the awareness and tools to navigate the intersectional dynamics of power, race and class that are endemic to fundraising encounters. The program is designed for Executive Directors with less than five years in the role who self-identify as a person of color across various spectrums of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual identity, ability, and socio-economic class, to build their leadership and fundraising skills to raise funds and work in partnership with staff and board to grow the organization.
Before beginning your application, please review the following regarding your candidacy:
1. This program requires full commitment from participants and a letter of recommendation from a colleague in the field who knows your work as a nonprofit leader.
2. Programming will occur during the following dates and times. We highly encourage applicants to schedule these dates into their calendar in the event they are accepted into the program:
• February 2, 2021 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
• March 2, 2021 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
• April 6, 2021 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
• May 4, 2021 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
3. All programming, unless otherwise noted, will take place virtually through Zoom, and a recurring link will be provided to you prior to each session.
4. Completed applications will be due on January 5th and applicants will be notified of their acceptance by January 15th.
Thank you again for your interest in the Focus on Fundraising: Building Leadership for Executive Leaders of Color Program and we look forward to receiving your application.
Judy Levine, Executive Director