To qualify for the Newaygo County Area Promise Zone Scholarship, students must:
The Promise Zone scholarship will pay for up to 62 total credits towards an associates degree, and does not
cover books and/or housing.
- Reside in the Newaygo County NC RESA service area.
- Achieve a minimum high school GPA of 3.0 (Final, unweighted).
- Graduate with a diploma from a high school within the Newaygo County NC RESA service area or a
Newaygo County registered homeschool program (the homeschool must be registered with the MI
Department of Ed. or with NC RESA). Unregistered homeschool students are not eligible.
- Apply to and accept other eligible scholarships from FAFSA, TIP, Fremont Area Community Foundation
and The Gerber Foundation, etc.
- Begin use of the scholarship funds within one year of high school graduation, and complete associates
degree (62 credits) within 3 years from disbursement.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student (recommended 15 credits per semester, minimum 12 credits per
- Be continually enrolled for all fall and winter semesters at Muskegon Community College until
completion of the scholarship program (attendance during summer semester is optional).
- Attend MCC or an approved apprenticeship program with a commitment to complete an associates