Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Meda. We are grateful for your willingness to share your time and your talents.
Meda's mission is to help Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) entrepreneurs succeed. When BIPOC businesses succeed, jobs are created, and homeownership and wealth increase. Volunteers are an important part of our team and contribute to these successes which help solve some of the economic disparities experienced in our BIPOC communities.
Meda seeks volunteers who have
business skills who are willing to mentor Meda business clients on a pro bono basis.
- Racial and cultural sensitivity.
- Versatility: work well with diverse groups of people and types of nonprofits.
- Passion: genuine interest in helping BIPOC entrepreneurs succeed.
- Excellent mentoring and active-listening skills.
- Have at least 5 years of business and/or functional expertise.
- Ability to assess entrepreneur strengths and weaknesses and present information and resources accordingly.
- Analysis and critical thinking: able to effectively analyze
situations and think strategically.
Meda's volunteer program is designed to provide volunteers with a rich and meaningful experience mentoring BIPOC entrepreneurs. Meda uses a thorough application process to match volunteers with Meda's clients. Here are the steps in the Meda application process:
1. Volunteer submits application.
2. Meda reviews the application and invites qualified volunteers to participate in a virtual interview.
4. Qualified volunteers' references are checked.
5. If the volunteer is accepted for onboarding, the volunteer signs a volunteer agreement and code of ethics.
6. Volunteers participate in virtual orientation and training.
7. Volunteers are placed into a volunteer pool waiting to be matched with a client. Please note - a volunteer may remain in the pool for some period of time (weeks or months before a client match occurs).
8. Once a match is made, a volunteer is contacted and asked if they are still interested and available for mentoring.
9. If the volunteer is available and interested, Meda will introduce the volunteer and client.