Thank you for contacting CHN Housing Partners for assistance with your mortgage and/or property taxes. We are here to help!
CHN Housing Partners has provided housing counseling and mortgage assistance to homeowners of Cuyahoga County for over 15 years.
How does it work?
STEP 1: Complete the application
Once an application is submitted and has been deemed complete, someone from CHN will contact you to schedule a virtual appointment. (Please see page 7 of this application for a complete list of documentation.)
STEP 2: Meet with a HUD-Certified Housing Counselor
During this appointment, you will have the opportunity to discuss mortgage and/or property tax options with a housing counselor, review your credit report, and put together a financial plan. Housing counseling services are available for all residents of Cuyahoga County, regardless of income or location.
Some applicants may be eligible for financial assistance. All available financial assistance programs are grants (the funds do not need to be paid back) and the funds will be sent directly to the mortgage servicer or Property Tax Assessor. Some programs may require that applicants meet income and hardship eligibility requirements.
Online Application Guidelines
To apply for programs with CHN Housing Partners, you must complete an application with us along with providing documents to verify the information submitted. We have split this into the following sections:
1. Application information: Your contact and demographic information
2. Household members: Other members of your household and their demographic information
3. Income sources: All sources of income and public benefits for all household members over 18
4. Assets: All liquid assets for all household members over 18
5. Housing & utility details: Details about your mortgage and utilities for program-specific purposes and to help us assess what program(s) you may need
6. Document upload: We will request scanned copies, legible photos or screenshots of documents as verification for your eligibility for programs.
You may encounter a slow
system or downtime due to a high volume of traffic on the site. Please use the
"Save my progress and resume later" feature located at the top of the form OFTEN to avoid losing any
information. (This form is powered by FormAssembly.)
Fair Housing Act (42 USC 3600, et seq.)
If you have an impairment, disability, language barrier, or otherwise require an alternative means of completing this form or accessing information about our services, please talk to us about arranging alternative accommodations. We serve all clients regardless of income, race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, family status, disability, or sexual orientation/gender identity. We administer our programs in conformity with local, state, and federal anti-discrimination laws, including the federal Fair Housing Act (42 USC 3600, et seq.)
Click Next Page to Continue