Thank you for your interest in the Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation (DRK)! We are excited about the opportunity to learn about your work. DRK funds social impact organizations focused on addressing the world’s biggest and most pressing problems. We recognize that applying for funding is a significant time investment.
We have developed the following questions to help applicants decide whether and when to apply for DRK funding.
Please start by reviewing what we do not fund. If your organization can be described by any of the following, your organization does not meet the basic aspect of our mission.
Specifically, if you are:
- A project(s) that is part of an established, mature organization (unless there is a plan to spin out).
- An organization whose sole focus is the development of research.
- A Program(s) promoting religious doctrine.
- A U.S. 501(c)(4) organization.
- An idea or pre-pilot stage organization.
- An awareness or field building campaign.
- A for-profit where your investors are primarily focused on investment returns.
- As a U.S. based non-profit organization, by law, we do not fund organizations in the following countries.
- An organization that does not plan to significantly expand or scale your impact to achieve your mission.