ELIGIBILITY AND APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Your group is based in Oakland and activities are Oakland-based
- Your group is led by Black, Indigenous and People of Color and demonstrates a history of work with Black, Indigenous and People of Color in Oakland
- Your group has 501(c)(3) status or is fiscally sponsored
- Akonadi is continuing its partnership with the Social Good Fund, which will waive its normal fiscal sponsorship fees to groups that have been approved for a So Love Can Win grant. If you need a fiscal sponsor, please contact info [at] akonadi.org to discuss options.
- Your group employs at least one of the following strategies:
- Organizing: Base-building organizations who mobilize, support, develop, and build power with their members
- Healing: Healing justice collectives and organizations providing accessible and relevant healing, wellness and self-care practices using an anti-racist political frame
- Arts and Culture: Cultural formations that use culture as a tool for racial justice movement building
- Voice: Oakland-focused journalism or narrative efforts that highlight racial justice movement building and/or the issues impacting Black, Indigenous or people of color communities with an emphasis on promoting community leadership, mutual aid, and cultural resilience.
We will prioritize applications from the following:
- Organizations with budgets under $500,000
- Organizations or efforts that advance the leadership of women, trans, queer and non-binary communities; immigrant and undocumented communities; and formerly/currently incarcerated people and their families
- Applications will be accepted from March 15, 2021 through May 1, 2021 for Round 1 and July 1, 2021 through September 1, 2021 for Round 2.
- Applicants may apply online or through a scheduled phone interview with Akonadi Foundation program staff. Phone interviews are reserved for applicants with accessibility barriers and/or limited technology, as well as applicants who have never applied for a grant.
- No email applications will be accepted.
- Applicants will receive a decision by May 31, 2021 for Round 1 applications and by September 30, 2021 for Round 2 applications.
- Organizations are eligible for one round of funding. Organizations may not resubmit a proposal that has been declined. If an organization is declined in Round 1, they may not submit a new proposal in Round 2.
- Checks or electronic transfers will be sent to approved grantees within five business days of receipt of a signed contract.
Organizations or groups may apply for a general support grant of $10,000. Larger grants may be considered on a case-by-case basis. Groups may not receive more than one So Love Can Win grant in 2021.
Questions? Email: email@example.com