2021 Student Application
Welcome and thank you for your interest in the 2021 College Horizons (remote) summer workshop for
Native American, Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian high school
This form is for NEW student applicants only. Please complete all pages with correct and updated information. We know it has been a challenging year and we hope to paint a full picture of your academic, family, and home life in order to evaluate how we may be able to support you in the college and financial aid process.
The tentative program dates are July 9 - July 16, 2021. The daily program schedule will likely be 8:30am-12:00pm (small group meetings), 2-4pm (all group webinar or individual meetings with list maker, essay specialist, advisor), 7-9pm (small group study hall & office hours). Leading up to the program, we will also have you schedule individual meetings with your list maker, essay specialist, and a few small group introduction sessions so that you can make the most of your time together in July.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 9th, 2021 at 11:59pm MDT
Additional Components to be Completed Upon Admission to Program:
- Family Financial Summary & Tax Form– to be completed by parent/guardian
- Participation Waivers– to be completed by parent/guardian
To eligible for our program, each student must:
- Be American Indian, Alaska Native, or Native Hawaiian (You will need to provide a copy of relevant state/federal tribal enrollment documentation or from the Ho’oulu Hawaiian Data Center or Office of Hawaiian Affairs – we do not accept birth certificates of a student, parent, or grandparent as proof of enrollment).
- Be a current sophomore or junior in high school.
- Have a minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA (in core academic courses, not electives).
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Submit a completed application packet by the deadline.