By making an application to the Robertson Trust, you acknowledge that you are authorised to apply on behalf of your organisation and agree to the following terms and conditions:
Use of data:
- Your organisation unconditionally authorises The Robertson Trust to:
- Retain, store and use the information you give us in your application and future reporting for administration, analysis, research and promotional purposes;
- Publish details of any financial or non-financial support given to your organisation;
- Pass any details obtained about your organisation through this application or through subsequent assessment procedures to external agencies, including other grant-making bodies;
- Use such information as part of any survey undertaken by The Robertson Trust and/or use any such details as part of any press release or publication without the need at any time to obtain the further consent or agreement from your organisation.
Use of funds:
- If awarded funding, the grant will be spent on only the purposes approved by The Robertson Trust, and only by the organisation to which we awarded funding;
- Where the grant is unrestricted, this money can be used towards any of the day to day operational costs of the organisation;
- The grant will not be paid until you have provided your bank details, a copy of a bank statement/letter no older than three months and you have met any other specific conditions of release, as detailed in your Grant Welcome Pack.
- The grant period commences upon release of the first payment. Each grant year runs for a period of 12 months from the date of release.
- Any (annual) installment of the grant must be used within 12 months of release.
- You will send us a progress report if documented/requested in your Grant Welcome Pack.
- We reserve the right to contact and/or visit you to see the funded work during the life of the grant.
- You will inform us, in advance where possible, of any significant change to the funded work, proposal or your organisation throughout the grant period (even if you have not yet drawn down the grant). A ‘significant change’ includes:
- a consequential change to your grant’s expenditure;
- any changes in postholder or to their role/hours/salary costs;
- any change in your organisation’s legal status or constitution;
- any significant operational changes within the organisation that are likely to affect the funded work;
- any serious financial or governance issue facing your organisation;
- any safeguarding concern raised about your organisation, its staff or volunteers;
- any underspend of our award.
- If you are not sure whether you need to let us know about an issue or change within your organisation or the funded work, please contact your Funding Officer or email email@example.com.
- You will inform us of any notifiable events your organisation makes to OSCR (Scotland) or the Charity Commission (England) during the lifetime of our grant or any serious incidents that meet this threshold if you are not regulated. A list of such notifiable events is available on OSCR’s website here.
- Any underspend of our grant must be declared to us and may be refunded/repaid to the Robertson Trust.
- We reserve the right to withhold a grant or require repayment if:
- You have deliberately falsified information as part of your application or reporting;
- The work undertaken is not the work for which the funding was approved and where we have not approved these changes;
- Your organisation becomes insolvent or goes into administration, receivership or
liquidation and the funding has not been spent on its intended purpose.
We will sometimes apply additional conditions to an individual grant, but these will be included in your Grant Welcome Pack.
Where the application and grant award are made electronically, the agreement between us shall be deemed to be in writing and your online acceptance of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to be a signature to that agreement.