The YOLA National Symposium seeks to foster meaningful conversation between educators, administrators, advocates, and key stakeholders who believe that music education has a powerful role to play in youth empowerment and community development. Proposed sessions should engage all participants in active collaboration and conversation, while sharing best practices and exploring challenges across the greater global community of arts education and creative youth development. Proposals are due July 15, 2021.
For a full list of proposal guidelines, submission timeline, and submission details, please visit laphil.com/yns
and download the Proposal Submissions Guidelines PDF.
All in-person presentations will be given in-person at the Beckmen YOLA Center in Inglewood, CA. Sessions will be livestreamed on Swapcard for virtual attendees.
All virtual presentations will be pre-recorded and streamed on Swapcard at a designated time during the symposium. Presenters will have the opportunity to monitor a live chat and Q+A during the session on Swapcard.
Questions? Email YOLA@laphil.org.
The proposal submission will require the information listed below:
- Basic information about the presenter(s), including bio and headshot
- Session Title
- In-person session or Virtual Session
- Selected Symposium content area
- In-person Session Format (workshop, panel, etc.)
- A session description (200 words max), session objectives, participant outcomes, and target audience
- Materials you will use and room set-up and A/V requirements
- Option to upload documents or handouts relevant to your presentation