All student applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Current enrollment in a Los Angeles County or Orange County high school.
- Current enrollment as a high school senior graduating in 2023, or a high school junior graduating in 2024.
- Demonstrated outstanding general academic achievement with particular focus on science coursework.
- Ability to participate in all program activities as required during the eight-week period (June 12, 2023 through August 4, 2023, generally from 8 AM to 5 PM).
- No more than three absences total are permitted throughout the duration of the program. College tours/orientations and vacations should be scheduled so as to avoid any conflicts. If an absence from program participation is required, the student must contact the Office of Education at email@example.com.
- Certificates of completion will be awarded to all participants at the end of the program and upon the fulfillment of all program requirements. This includes attendance at all summer program lectures, lab participation if an "on-site" enrollee, completion and return of annual program survey, and no more than three absences for the duration of the program.
Please contact the Education Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you anticipate a conflict with any of the dates or program requirements as listed above.
The following materials must be submitted by the application deadline of April 1, 2023:
- 2023 Summer Fellowship Program Student Online Application Form.
- Official high school transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation from high school teachers, preferably science teachers.
Applications, transcripts, and letters of recommendation can be:
- Submitted online.
- Sent via email to email@example.com
- Sent via mail to:
The Lundquist Institute
Office of Education
1124 W. Carson St.
Torrance, CA 90502-2064
Any consideration for application deadline extension must be submitted in the form of a request to the Office of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org