Thank you for your interest in the Fifth Wave Initiative!
As Canada’s first feminist business accelerator, a women-led team of mentors, entrepreneurs, facilitators and experts, have designed Fifth Wave Labs for woman-owned enterprises in the digital space and will help guide the four-month journey.
CFC Media Lab is committed to supporting diverse women/womxn entrepreneurs within the Digital Media industry, and we recognize that increasing the diversity of our community supports this objective. With that aim, 50% of the companies accepted into Cohort 3 of Fifth Wave Labs will be owned/led by Black, Indigenous and/or racialized women.
Applications for Cohort 3 are open now until Sunday, September 19
Participant selection for Fifth Wave Labs begin with the following application.
Please read the below information thoroughly before proceeding to page 2. PLEASE NOTE:
- To qualify for the accelerator program, founders must first be a member of Fifth Wave Connect, the prerequisite program. Fifth Wave Connect companies are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year.
- To apply for Fifth Wave Connect, please complete and submit this application form.
- The accelerator program accepts up to 10 companies pre cohort
- Due to volume, incomplete or non-submitted applications will not be reviewed
- Founders shortlisted for the accelerator program will be required to present their company virtually or submit a video presentation, and participate in a live (virtual) Q&A session. Shortlisted founders must present and participate in the live Q&A to be considered for the cohort.
- Each cohort of Fifth Wave Labs will be announced on our website
- Fifth Wave Labs for Cohort 3 will take place online on a virtual platform
(ie. Zoom or similar), between 1pm - 6pm EST on the dates provided below (dates/times may be subject to change)
- While we are sensitive to emergencies and family obligations, if selected for the cohort, participating founders MUST be in attendance for ALL synchronous AND asynchronous programming scheduled.