Breakthrough New York
(BTNY) is seeking exceptional 6th grade students to apply to our 10-year college success program!
School administrators, guardians, and even prospective BTNY students themselves are invited to nominate current 6th grade students to apply to BTNY!
The nomination process is critical to our admissions outreach, as it helps us get directly in touch with a wide group of NYC students who may be eligible for our program.WHO can be nominated for BTNY?
Students who meet our eligibility criteria, including:
- Current NYC 6th graders attending a public, charter, or parochial school
- Students who are earn an 83% or above in their core 6th grade classes (ELA, Math, Science, and Social Studies) by the time of their first 6th grade report card
- Students who come from a low-income background (see our website to learn more about how we assess this!)
IF you are a school submitting nominations for BTNY, please know that you will be asked to submit the following information for each of your nominees. Having as much contact information as possible helps us make sure we can get in touch with students about applying. The minimum we request is the Student Name, and at least 1 phone number and email address where we can reach the family.
What is the benefit of submitting a BTNY Nomination?
- Student Name
- Student E-Mail
- Guardian 1 E-Mail
- Guardian 1 Cell Phone
- Guardian 2 E-Mail
- Guardian 2 Cell Phone
While you don't need to be nominated in order to apply to BTNY, submitting a nomination for BTNY will help you access the following benefits:
- Students: early access to our online application, and reminders about upcoming application deadlines
- Guardians: reminders about upcoming Information Sessions, reminders about student application status and upcoming deadlines
- School administrators: application status updates on your BTNY applicants, as well as reminders about Information Sessions and upcoming deadlines
Nominations will be open from though January 7th, 2022.
If you need any support in using this form,
please contact Enya O'Riordan, Admissions Director,