Rosie Riveters Fall 2021 STEM Program
Powered by Boeing
Saturdays - 9/18, 10/2, 10/16 & 10/30
Grades K - 2nd, 9:30 - 10:30 AM ET
Grades 3rd - 5th, 9:30 - 11:30 AM ET
Grades 6th - 8th, 9:30 - 11:30 AM ET
USO Warrior and Family Center at Fort Belvoir
5940 9th Street, Fort Belvoir, VA 22060
Join Blue Star Families' National Capital Region Chapter and Rosie Riveters for a hands-on project-based STEM program for girls ages 4-14. The Rosie Riveters Program provides a fun space for girls to imagine, create, and play while developing their skills in STEM.
Each participant will receive:
- In-person* class with a Rosie Riveters instructor
- All the materials needed to build each project
- A Rosie Riveters headband
Applications will be accepted from 9 AM ET on Monday, August 9th, to 5 PM ET on Friday, August 20th. Rosie Riveters will notify all applicants of their acceptance status the week of August 30th. Please complete a separate application for each female child (K-8th grade) interested in attending.
PLEASE NOTE: The content of this program will be a repeat of the virtual program we offered this Spring (March-April 2021); if your child attended that program we do not recommend registering again.
How are participants selected? What are we looking for?
Rosie Riveters is considering numerous factors when building a class: diversity, geographic distribution (determined by the elementary or middle school where your child is enrolled), grade level, and if a child has participated in a Rosie Riveters program before.
Please note, the Rosie Riveters Program meets four times. We want your child to get the most out of this fabulous program, so please plan to have them attend all of the in-person sessions.
- Accepted applicants will receive a STEM Kit bag on the first day of the program. Participants are expected to bring the STEM Kit bag to each subsequent session.
- Given low rates of vaccination among children, masks are required for participants, caregivers, and staff at all Rosie Riveters programs.
- *Rosie Riveters has every intention of holding the 2021 Fall STEM Program in person. However, given the fluid nature of the pandemic, we reserve the right to move it to an online platform during the same dates - Saturdays, 9/18, 10/2, 10/16 & 10/30. If deemed necessary, the full program will be held in a virtual format. By claiming your invitation to attend, you agree to participate, whether we hold the program in-person or virtually.