CivicAction's Emerging Leaders Network (ELN) connects, develops, and activates rising leaders from across the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA). By creating opportunity for thought-provoking dialogue, leadership development, and networking opportunities, the ELN helps build-up and galvanize action-oriented leaders to create a more connected, collaborative GTHA. Created in 2006, the ELN is now 3000+ rising leaders strong, including DiverseCity Fellows alumni, and represents a wide range of backgrounds, communities, and sectors.
The ELN Executive Committee is made up of diverse rising leaders with a passion for driving change and growing their network. We are currently recruiting for the 2022-2023 ELN Executive Committee, who will be responsible for developing and executing innovative programming and communications, engaging with rising leaders from across sectors and communities in the GTHA, and acting as ELN Ambassadors at city-building events and spaces.
There are three types of roles on the ELN Executive Committee: Co-Chairs (2), Programming Leads (4-5) and Communications Leads (2-3). For full descriptions of the roles, see our webpage. To apply as a Programming Lead or Communications Lead, please use the below application. To apply as a Co-Chair, please click here.
Who should apply? The ELN is looking for emerging leaders who:
- Are passionate about improving the Greater Toronto Hamilton Area (GTHA).
- Bring a unique voice and/or experience to city-building issues and spaces.
- Are interested in personal leadership development and utilizing their leadership skills to activate on civic issues impacting the GTHA.
- Are committed to learning anti-oppressive and anti-racist practices (training will be provided to Executive Committee members).
- Are collaborative team-players who are open to the ideas of others.
- Have a realistic understanding of the requirements of joining the Executive Committee and are able to prioritize the commitment.
Don't meet every qualification? We understand that there is no 'one size fits all' definition of leadership and encourage you to apply regardless!