Thank you for your interest in Emma's Torch Culinary Training program! The program is a paid, 10-week training opportunity for students to learn culinary skills. Students are then helped to find a job that fits their culinary interests after graduation.
Participants MUST be:
- Refugees, asylees, asylum seekers, or survivors of human trafficking who have arrived to the United States within the past five years
- Ready to have full-time availability for the duration of the program
- Over 18-years-old on their first day of the program
- Able to work in the United States, because we will pay you minimum wage
- Making less than $10,000 annually and/or facing significant barriers to employment in the US
- Willing and able to stand for 8 hours and lift boxes up to 50lbs (22kg)
- Able to communicate and follow instructions in English
- Passionate about food!
As pursuant to the 'Key to NYC' Vaccine Mandate, Emma's Torch requires all participants to have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine prior to enrolling in the program. Any questions on this policy can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
This application should take you 10-15 minutes to complete.