A New Direction is inviting expressions of interest from creatives and leaders working in the field of cultural education to share their insights and current practice. Your case study will contribute to our Principles into Practice series for the cultural sector.
The Principles in Practice sessions aim to:
- Uncover examples of best practice
- Accelerate knowledge & deepen thinking
- Strengthen the sector
- Inspire others in the field
- Improve work for children and young people
We would like to learn about your recent children and young people (CYP) programmes or current plans that connect with Arts Council England's Investment Principles.
In particular, we’d love to hear about examples where you:
- Really listened to your stakeholders and audiences
- Shifted your process
- Altered your project/programme design
- Changed behaviours in the organisation
- Adapted your approach to working with Children and Young People
We are interested in how you have interpreted or are planning to interpret Arts Council's Investment Principles. The sessions are a space for dialogue, debate, and discussion. Please approach your case study with this space of enquiry and curiosity in mind.
Case studies should speak to the following themes:
In addition to hearing about the elements of your work that were a glowing success, we are also interested in hearing about the elements of your programmes that didn’t work so well or changed during the process, and the new perspectives this created.
- Radical listening to stakeholders and audiences
- Aligning Vision, Mission, and Values to programming
- Innovative use of data and insight
- Disrupting the systemic
- Innovative blended learning offers
- Hyperlocal partnerships
- Innovative participatory projects and collaborations
- Leadership and decision making
- Youth voice
- Programmes embedding environmental responsibility
We are aiming to have a diverse range of speakers from galleries, museums, performing arts venues, companies, and cultural institutions, as well as individual freelance practitioners.
If selected, you will present your work (10 minutes max.) at the public event, take part in a Q&A, and contribute to one of the following:
All contributors will be paid an honorarium of £300.
- a blog on A New Direction's website
- a resource created by A New Direction
To showcase your work, please complete the simple form on the next page. The deadline to submit is at 12pm on Monday 11 October.
If successful, you will be invited to present your case study at one of our upcoming Principles into Practice sessions taking place on 04 November, 07 December, 18 January and 09 February.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.