In order to apply to the program, you must sign this form as proof that you understand all Program components.
This signed document will be a permanent record of your involvement with Global Visionaries (GV), which in turn, will give you the merit and recognition you deserve for high school graduation, college applications, and for employment purposes. You are only permitted to refer to your experience in the GV program if you complete the program.
Mandatory Program Expectations for 2022 Cohorts :
Global, Environmental and Social Justice Education
- Program Orientation
- Pre-Departure Meeting (Before the Immersion)
- 3-Day Intensive Workshop (During Immersion)
- Post-Program Re-Entry & Storytelling Workshop (After the Immersion)
- Guatemalan Work Team (32 hours)
- Optional opportunities to engage in service projects
- Proactive Attitude - desire and enthusiastic willingness to work hard to achieve all GV goals
- Commitment to actively participate in promoting Environmental and Social Justice, and raising your awareness of related issues
Guatemalan Cultural Immersion Experience
- Home stay
- Language School (3 hrs. x 5 days)
- Cultural Excursions
As part of their program fees, all students raise funds to contribute towards their Program Fees. A portion of these funds are sent to Guatemala and are used for the projects we undertake, including school construction and reforestation, and our Guatemalan Youth Program. Each student is expected to fundraise at least 30% of their program fees. Students can fundraise individually or work collectively with their cohort to fundraise as a group for the total needed. Fundraising training and tools will be provided by GV.
GV Staff and Advanced Leadership Program students provide guidance and support, but the student must show dedication and initiative to raise funds. We believe the fundraising process provides students with valuable life skills and ownership of their program experience.