Nova Privacy Statement
Nova New Opportunities is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This notice explains when and why we collect personal information about people who register with us and use our mailing list, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. We also explain your rights and how to contact us. We advise that this policy is subject to change, so please check our website on a regular basis for any further changes.
By registering with us, you are agreeing to be bound by this Policy. We promise:
• To keep your data safe and private
• Not to sell your data or share your information with third parties for marketing purposes
• To give you ways to manage and review your marketing choices at any time
• To stop using your personal information when requested.
Who are we? Nova New Opportunities (Nova) is a registered charity (no.1158238) and the registered address is 2 Thorpe Close, London W10 5XL.
How do we collect personal information from you? We obtain information about you when you register with us or visit our website, for example, when you contact us about services,sign up for our newsletter, make a donation or make a payment for one of our services or events.
What type of information is collected from you and where is it stored?
• The personal information Nova collects on the registration form
• If you make a booking for one of our events, your payment record will be stored by PayPal
• If you make a donation, your payment record will be stored by Virgin Money Giving
• If you sign up for our newsletter your contact details will be stored on Mailchimp
What does Nova use your personal information for?
• To process your registration form.
• To place you on a voluntary position with Nova
• To process a donation that you have made
• To process a booking for one of our events
• Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about news, campaigns, events and other fundraising activities.
How long does Nova store your personal information for? We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to full out statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as it is necessary for the relevant activity.
How do we keep your personal information secure? We maintain technical, physical, and administrative security measures designed to provide reasonable protection for your personal information against loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, and alteration. The security measures include firewalls and data encryption. Data relating to children Children aged under 19 years must have a parent or guardian’s consent before providing personal information to us.
We will always try to ensure the data we hold about you is accurate and relevant. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please visit the Nova office or email us at email@example.com You have a right to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you. Please write to the Nova Director, Nova New Opportunities, 2 Thorpe Close, London W10 5XL. We will respond promptly and will ask for any information, which we reasonably require to find the information and check your identity.
What to do if you want us to stop using your personal information? Where we process personal data based on consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us or clicking on the unsubscribe link in an email received from us. If you wish us to erase your personal data we will do this if there are no legal or statutory regulations requiring us to keep this information. You can do this in person at the Nova office or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know if you are unhappy with how we have used your personal information. You can do this in person at the Nova office or send an email to email@example.com
Transferring your data
In some circumstances, you can ask us to transfer your information to another organisation.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to other sites please note that these will be governed by their own privacy policies. We cannot accept liability for data use on those websites.