November 8 & 9, 2022
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Zoom Online Meeting
Learning Outcome: Participants will be able to identify selected types of wounds and apply appropriate nursing management for these wounds.
- Discuss Anatomy and Physiology of the skin, soft tissues, and wound healing.
- Discuss wound bed preparation.
- Discuss the role of nutrition on wound healing.
- Discuss moisture associated skin damage.
- Discuss skin tears and pressure injuries.
- Describe the needs of selected special populations and palliative care.
- Discuss the components of support surfaces.
- Discuss the identifying factors related to lower extremity arterial disease.
- Discuss the identifying factors related to lower extremity venous disease.
- Discuss key factors related to lower extremity neuropathic disease and foot problems.
- Discuss the method essential in differential assessment of lower extremity disease.
- Discuss the nursing responsibility related to identified surgical wounds.
- Discuss the identifying factors related to atypical wounds.
- Discuss test taking strategies and review questions.