June 9 & 10, 2022
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Zoom Online Meeting
Learning Outcome: Participants will be able to apply current standards of care in PACU nursing to selected situations, in accordance with the ASPAN standards of care for PACU nursing.
- Identify the recommended resources and studying techniques for certification exa,.
- Differentiate the nursing care between the various types of anesthetic techniques and agents.
- Discuss the physiologic effects of anesthesia and the related nursing.
- Describe basic and advanced airway management techniques.
- Recognize airway complications and emergencies.
- Discuss related nursing prevention, assessment, and interventions to address airway obstructions.
- Differentiate between the Phases of Recovery and nursing assessment for patients in each phase.
- Discuss staffing patterns based on ASPAN standards of care.
- Recognize common post- anesthesia complications and nursing interventions.
- Identify appropriate nursing interventions for maintaining physiologic balance in the Peri-anesthesia period.
- Discuss nursing assessment and interventions for special populations.
- Discuss the nurse’s role in identifying risks and maintaining safety inherent to patients in the peri-anesthesia setting.
- Recognize the post-operative nursing assessments and interventions related to selected surgical procedures.
- Describe the risk factors, assessments and interventions for pain, nausea, and hypothermia in the peri-anesthesia settings.