December 1 & 2, 2022
9:30am - 4:30pm
Zoom Online Meeting
Learning Outcome: Participants will be able to identify current standards of Gerontological Care nursing practice and apply them to selected patient conditions.
- Discuss the normal aging process and the developmental theories in relation to the older adult.
- Discuss anatomy, physiology, and management of the neonatal issues of the endocrine system as it relates to nursing practice.
- Identify pharmacological and nutritional issues in relation to the older adult.
- Discuss adult learning principles as they apply to the older adult.
- Discuss educational outcomes and evaluation techniques and strategies for the care of the older adult.
- Discuss health promotion and wellness requirements for the older adult.
- Discuss legal and ethical issues related to aging.
- Define research, management, and leadership concerns and issues in relation to the aging process and the older adult.
- Identify lifestyle and aging-related issues of vulnerability in the older adult.
- Discuss the scope of gerontological nursing practice and application of the nursing process to the care of the older adult.