Dementia NI is a membership led organisation where all members have a diagnosis of dementia. Dementia NI membership is specifically for people living with dementia, we currently do not provide a service for families and carers.
Dementia NI Referral Criteria
Individuals require confirmation from the Memory/Care services or their GP/Consultant that the provision offered by Dementia NI would be suitable for their needs.
To get the most out of our organisation, an individual must be able to:
- feel comfortable and able to participate.
- communicate effectively and comfortably within a group setting.
- manage personal and self-care needs independently.
Referral for Membership applies to:
- Individuals in the earlier stages of dementia progression.
- Individuals with any type of dementia.
- Individuals with a diagnosis of dementia regardless of adult age.
- Individuals who are aware of their diagnosis and willing to discuss what life is like living with dementia.
There are different options to become a member of Dementia NI. A Dementia NI Empowerment Officer will discuss these options during initial contact with the individual living with dementia.