December 8 & 9, 2022
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Zoom Online Meeting
Learning Outcome: Participants will be able to correctly identify appropriate nursing interventions for selected patient care situations in the perioperative area based on current standards of care.
- Identify the components included in perioperative nursing care.
- Recognize the nurse’s role in perioperative care in Ambulatory Surgery Centers.
- Discuss the nurse’s role in meeting the perioperative patients’ physiological needs.
- Discuss the nurse’s role in meeting the perioperative patient’s behavioral and cognitive
- Identify effective communication strategies to promote quality patient outcomes for the perioperative patient.
- Discuss the development of an individualized patient centered perioperative nursing care plan.
- Identify the basic concepts to safely care for a patient in the intraoperative phase of
- Describe the responsibility of the perioperative nurse in creating and maintaining a sterile
field and safeguarding the integrity of the operative suite.
- Discuss the role of the perioperative nurse in surgical emergencies, to include care for
trauma patients requiring surgical intervention.
- Discuss the role of the perioperative nurse in preventing post-operative complications.
- Discuss the importance of maintaining perioperative safety and the role of the nurse.
- Discuss the role of the perioperative nurse in maintaining regulatory compliance for
patient safety as a nursing professional.
- Identify key issues related to post-operative patient conditions, complications and the