Implementing the Staffing Law: How Nurse Leaders Can Use Data and Collective Action to Achieve and Enforce Effective Staffing Plans
Learning Outcome: Identify at least three concepts that support creating effective facility staffing plans under the new staffing law.
- Explain how organizing and collective action advance staffing improvements.
- Identify concrete tasks of workplace leaders during the first two phases of implementation of the staffing law.
- Identify the unit-by-unit raw data necessary to support facility staffing plan proposals and the role of the unit leader in gathering this raw data.
- Identify the external relationships necessary to support strong facility staffing plans and the opportunities to expand healthcare workers’ capacities to advocate.
- Identify the phases of implementation of staffing law, corresponding actions.