Latino Student Leadership Conference
June 12 - June 17, 2022
If you are an eighth- or ninth-grade Latino student, here’s your chance to become part of a very special leadership program.
We’ll be selecting 120 students to attend a summer conference from June 12 to June 17, 2022.
You’ll learn skills that will help you become an effective leader in your school, and eventually in your community, in business and in government.
You’ll learn to be proud of your heritage, develop and use your leadership skills, and be empowered to seek opportunities for educational and professional growth.
Your meals, lodging, and transportation will be paid by generous contributions from private industry, civic organizations, and individuals. If you are accepted, you will be asked to pay a $40 fee* to cover insurance, a group picture, a T-shirt, and educational materials.
*$40 fee may be paid by the student's school district in some cases, to be determined in May, 2022.
To be considered for this unique experience, you must:
1. Be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by April 15, 2022 (no exceptions).
2. Be in eighth or ninth grade this year (students that attended the 2021 virtual conference are eligible to apply as delegates).
3. Have demonstrated academic and leadership potential
4. Have a 2.5 GPA or higher on your current transcript
5. Complete and submit the IEFLP application online no later than March 15, 2022 by 11:59 pm. Students will be notified the first week of May, 2022, if accepted.
If you need any additional information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We also encourage you to connect with us on social media to learn more about important events.
Dr. R.C. Heredia