Purpose of Scholarship
Each scholarship recognizes the distinguished academic, leadership and sportsmanship achievements of District of Columbia high school student athletes and the positive influence of athletics in each student's life.There are five (5) scholarships with a value of $5,000 each
that will be applied directly to student accounts to cover tuition, room and board, and books at an accredited college/university or trade school. No funds will be disbursed to students or families.Criteria
Applicant must demonstrate the following:
- Earned a minimum of a cumulative 3.0 grade point average
- Earned a letter in a Varsity sport for at least two years
- Acceptance to an accredited college/ university or trade school with enrollment on a full- time basis beginning no later than January 2024
Applicant must provide the following:
- Applicant must complete and submit the scholarship application, along with supporting materials, no later than 11:59pm on April 30, 2023.
- Applicant must provide a letter of recommendation from high school teacher, guidance counselor or administrator.
- Applicant must provide a letter or recommendation from a former or current Coach.
- Applicant must provide an Official transcript from High School.
Applicant must attend a member school of the District of Columbia Athletic Association and be in compliance with all rules and regulations set forth in 5 DCMR A 5001.1 and those governing eligible non-residents.
Completed applications and supporting materials should be submitted no later than 11:59pm on April 30, 2023.