Thank you for expressing interest in receiving legal services through the John Jay College Institute for Justice and Opportunity (the Institute). The Institute partners with the Community Service Society (CSS) to offer free, one-on-one legal services to current and prospective CUNY students with conviction histories.
One-on-One legal services include but are not limited to:
- Requesting copies of your official criminal record in New York, all other states, and the federal system
- Correcting errors on your official criminal record
- Applying for certificates of rehabilitation including certificates of relief from disabilities and certificates of good conduct
- Sealing eligible conviction records
- Legal guidance and representation to fight discrimination based on conviction records in employment and public housing
- Legal guidance about applying for employment and professional licenses/certifications with a conviction record
- Referrals for other legal services i.e., housing, immigration
If you are interested in receiving any of the above legal services, please complete this interest form and a member of the Institute’s Outreach and Onboarding team and our designated CSS staff attorney will reach out to you directly.