Thank you for your interest in the Fifth Wave Initiative!
As Canada’s first feminist business accelerator, a women-led team of mentors, entrepreneurs, facilitators and experts, have designed Fifth Wave Labs for women/trans-owned enterprises in the digital space and will help guide the four-month journey.
CFC Media Lab is committed to supporting diverse women/trans entrepreneurs within the Digital Media industry, and we recognize that increasing the diversity of our community supports this objective. With that aim, 50% of the companies accepted into Cohort 5 of Fifth Wave Labs will be owned/led by women/trans self-identifying as Black, Indigenous, racialized or within underrepresented groups or communities. (ie. LGBTQ2S+, neurodiversity, women/trans with disabilities of any kind, newcomers to Canada, women/trans in rural or remote regions, women/trans from Official Language Minority Communities, etc.)
Applications for Cohort 5 are open now until Sunday October 2, 2022 @ 11:59pm ET
Participant selection for Fifth Wave Labs begin with the following application. Please read the below information thoroughly before proceeding to page 2.
- To qualify for the accelerator program, founders must first be a member of Fifth Wave Connect, the prerequisite program. Fifth Wave Connect companies are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year.
- To apply for Fifth Wave Connect, please complete and submit this application form.
- This cohort will accept up to 6 companies
- Founders shortlisted for the accelerator program will be required to present their company followed by a live Q&A on Zoom.
- Each cohort of Fifth Wave Labs will be announced on our website
- Fifth Wave Labs for Cohort 5 will primarily take place online on a virtual platform (ie. Zoom or similar). At this time, in-person programming cannot be confirmed.
- Labs will take place between 1pm - 6pm ET on the dates provided below. Dates and times may be subject to change.
- While we are sensitive to emergencies and family obligations, if selected for the cohort, participating founders MUST be in attendance for ALL synchronous AND asynchronous programming scheduled.